System Development Engineer
- Taipei, Taiwan
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and is seeking software engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the Ring Taipei development team. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building IOT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Embedded development experience in C/C++, and familiarity with SoC and embedded CPU.
• Experience writing low-level drivers, interrupting service routines, and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware.
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Experience with one of more commercial wireless protocols like Z-Wave, ZigBee, BLE, or wifi.
• Experience with firmware development and testing of battery-powered products.
• Experience with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system.
• Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART.
• Experience with software testing (unit, regression, and system testing).
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux.
• Comfortable in some scripting language of choice.
• Prior experience with system bring-up, manufacturing line testing, or wireless networking drivers is a big plus.
• Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus.
• Experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3 is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as theNeighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top