System Development Engineer, AWS Network Engineering
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated System Dev Engineer to design and build a highly scalable and fault tolerant gamma datacenter deployment solution.
At Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability, and challenge us to be better, faster and cheaper every day. Developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services. As we expand at a tremendous rate across all of our services it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability while driving down costs.
As a Software Dev Engineer on the AWS Network Lab Automation Team, you will design and develop AWS Gamma Datacenter deployment software that will support the backbone of the Amazon's global networking operations, develop automation frameworks to accelerate testing of the newest systems, and engineer new ways to test the limits and capabilities of the AWS network.
The Networking Gamma Datacenters include every type of networking hardware and software platform that Amazon deploys across the world. You will join a new team to develop software that will provision and orchestrate the Gamma Datacenters.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (Java, Python, and/or C++) preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
- Teamwork: Comfortable working across multiple teams
- Communication: Can translate your thoughts to words and effectively communicate them
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, and relational databases
- Networking protocols: A basic understanding of the TCP/IP Networking Stack (L1-L4) is desirable.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- You're familiar with AWS technologies from a customer perspective
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top