System Development Engineer, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Arlington, VA
If you have a deep interest in cloud computing and want to build robust distributed systems that thousands of customers depend upon, join us in making Elastic Beanstalk the best application deployment and management solution for AWS.
Elastic Beanstalk is searching for a Systems Development Engineer to join our team. We have a global presence across 25 AWS regions and make heavy investments in automation and in scalable, distributed systems. We work with customers large and small who are looking for both simplicity and power.
As a Systems Development Engineer on AWS Elastic Beanstalk, you will be an active member in system design and implementation. You should be somebody who enjoys working on solving problems, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about operations but also about running systems and software in the real world. You would enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems design and engineering experience, NIX and networking fundamentals, and a passion for AWS technology and Infrastructure-as-Code.
As a part of the Elastic Beanstalk team, you will:
• Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in microservices, container, and distributed cluster-compute architectures.
• Get to work with a wide array of technologies and AWS services. There is something new to learn all the time.
• Maintain fleet inventory management, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components.
• Develop or expand existing automation and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency.
• Adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic.
• Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed.
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Work with multiple teams within AWS and Amazon to build solutions that create value to them and their customers using Elastic Beanstalk.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our organizations members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work life balance
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or IT related technical discipline OR in place of 4 years of relevant industry software engineering experience.
• 3+ years of industry experience developing automation to solve problems at scale using Python or Shell or scripting language.
• 5+ years of NIX system engineering experience.
• Our ideal candidate is highly innovative, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
• An AWS Builder; You enjoy building solutions on AWS.
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 customer-facing production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving hundreds of machines.
• Thorough understanding of fundamental internet protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP.
• A demonstrable grasp of *NIX and networking fundamentals.
• Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
• Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
• Able to work in a diverse team.
• 1+ years of programming experience using Java or Object-oriented language.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
EC2 #ECS-ENGJOB #EC2CONTAINERS #EBEANSTALK
Back to top