Come join a creative team of engineers building new AWS services and learn how AWS works from the inside out. From defining architecture to driving the technical direction of new AWS services, you will work in a start-up like environment with the resources of Amazon behind you.
Each day, millions of our customers run their workloads on AWS. Our team here at Amazon EC2 Enterprise provides customers with hundreds of Amazon Machine Images built on Linux and Windows. We make those images available to customers in all of our AWS regions around the globe. A System Development Engineer on our team is a technical leader, someone who other AWS teams come to for direction or advice. You are someone who designs and implements systems that deliver long-term value for our customers. You enjoy working on projects involving multiple engineers and other AWS services. The ideal candidate will be motivated, innovative, have great problem solving, and committed to getting things done.
At Amazon, we strive to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. We love to drive results with data. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and dedicated people. We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, great interpersonal and leadership ability, an aptitude to apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build.
If this sounds like you, and you are looking for a high morale team that delivers results that influence the experience of AWS customers, this is the right place for you.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development, including design, architecture, implementation, debugging and support.
• 3+ years' experience developing languages such as Python, TypeScript, Java, Rust, Golang, C++, or C#.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms, design, problem solving and effective at dealing with complexity.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience with developing for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
• Experience with mission critical services and focused on operational excellence.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience in full-stack development using J2EE technologies is a plus.
• Passion for delivering a great customer experience for Amazon EC2 customers.
• Has relentlessly high standards.
• Results oriented.
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
• Is an evangelist who feels comfortable presenting to customers and at industry events.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.