System Development Engineer
- Warsaw, Poland
Amazon.com is seeking an outstanding Systems Development Engineer to join Amazon.com's Business Data Technologies team. The Amazon.com Business Data Technologies team delivers business intelligence to over 1000 internal customers, and a diverse community of external customers, from one of the world's largest and most complex data sets. Amazon.com has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. If you join the Amazon.com Business Data Technologies team your work will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at Amazon.com and drive the adoption of new Business Data technologies.
Amazon.com Business Data is a fast paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. As a Systems Development Engineer working on the analytics platform, you will be implementing and supporting the analytic technologies that give our customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data. You will be challenged with a variety of tasks, Java Coding, SQL Code, data pipeline design and implementation. You will interact with customers to gather requirements and structure solutions. Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and gaining a deep-dive understanding of Platform, key datasets. Tuning application and query performance against large, complex data structures.
Job Title: System Development Engineer
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
System Development engineers troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve system-generated alarms, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks. The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on-call and operational tasks and involves small to medium level software development work. Responsible to develop tools and automations to achieve operational efficiency. If you have a strong Application Support background and you are interested in aggressive growth and have passion to develop tools at large scale, this is the opportunity for you.
• Technical background (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience)
• 8 to 12 years of relevant experience - Application support background is a must
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
• Strong Unix base O/S experience
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, or Java.
• Ability to write complex SQL queries is added advantage.
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Basic understanding of relational and object-oriented database technologies
• Experience working with distributed systems and/or large-scale web applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
• A passion towards problem-solving
• Strong decision-making ability
• Must be able to think proactively; excellent follow-through and attention to details. professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Track record for being detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Strong Production/Application support background; Passion for "Customer Obsession"
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills, preferably on Unix/Linux platform
• Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
• Advanced proficiency in more than one high-level programming language: Ruby, Python, Perl, or Java
• Experience with system analysis and troubleshooting in large-scale Linux environment
• Strong understanding of modern database technology, experience with AWS database products such as DynamoDB
Back to top