Amazon Search is one of the world's largest product search engines, with millions of global customers who execute billions of queries daily. We, the Search Support team, are at the forefront of the customer experience, partnering with Amazon business and development teams to innovate and drive improvements.
As a member of the Search Support Team, you will be diving into complex and highly distributed Search systems. You will work closely with developer teams, dive into ongoing and past customer issues, and develop a good understanding of the Amazon Search to identify opportunities for improvements, troubleshooting tools and automation. The challenges that you will work on each day, have a real-life impact on customers and will greatly improve their experience.
You will have an exposure to various systems within Amazon, develop working relations with senior engineering teams, collaborate on challenging projects with new technologies, and will grow your knowledge and career opportunities. You will be empowered to improve the customer's experience by improving the quality of the code and delivering on new automation initiatives. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable. We all enjoy interactions with the customers, solving complex problems, digging into intricate issues and are at our best when challenges seem the hardest.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, adapts quickly to new technologies, and has high career growth potential. There are ample opportunities, and we want you to make use of it! The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Above it all, you "Work hard, have fun, and make history!"
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. You will not interact directly with external customers, but you will must be able to effectively communicate with customers and partners all across Amazon.
• Strong problem-solving skill, diagnosing problems that do not always have a documented resolution.
• Ability to read and write code at a proficient level. Partner with various teams to improve automation and self-service tools to reduce time to resolution of customer issues.
• Persistence. Many of the problems worked on are complex and require persistence to make progress.
• Familiarity with reading and writing SOPs similar to technical documentation.
• Experience scripting in modern program languages.
• Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems.
• Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
• Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience.
• Ability to solve problems under pressure, and quickly learn technical concepts with a strong sense of urgency and prioritization.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience troubleshooting technical issues either in large-scale customer support environment, or in an enterprise application support role.
• Strong understanding of support processes SLAs, handling tickets, monitoring, automation processes and metrics.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, a related field or equivalent professional experience.
• Willing and able to provide 24/7 support on a rotational basis.
• Experience with Linux or other Unix-based operating systems.
• Experience working within the software development or in Internet industries is highly desired.