System Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Digital technologies like Internet of Things and ML are dramatically changing the business landscape for AWS customers. Digital promises innovation and business agility for customers of all types from those creating their first connected products to those responsible for changing the way we consume energy. AWS Outcome Driven Engineering (ODE) was created to develop applications and services for new industry verticals, helping to reduce complexity and expertise required to build and operate modern digital industries on AWS. Simply put, our goal is to use the skill and scale of AWS to make the benefits of a connected world achievable for all businesses. We work closely with strategic customers to bring their domain expertise and our digital and innovation experience to solve industry-wide challenges on AWS. We are looking for a System Development Engineer obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking, and excited about developing advanced automation and processes to enable the ODE teams to rapidly develop and deploy their technologies across multiple new domains.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We cultivate a welcoming and inclusive culture, and recognize the importance of a good work/life balance, with flexible schedules and work-at-home options depending upon the role. The team members comprise a wide range of skill sets and experience levels, providing opportunities for new members both to be mentored and for mentorship.
Responsibilities of the job are:
- Scope out, design, and implement build methodologies and pipelines for several projects across the org
- Work cross-functionally with extended teams in distributed geographic locations
- Scale the ability of your team to deliver well-rounded and highly maintainable software
- Work with technical leaders to set and deliver systems-level roadmaps across multiple years
- Establish accurate usage and forecasting mechanisms for reducing infrastructure cost
We are looking for experienced technical contributors with a passion for creating highly efficient and effective processes for software development and deployment. Join our team to make a difference across new industry domains for AWS.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Good understanding of Linux fundamentals
• Experience building tools for automation (building, testing, releasing or monitoring)
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Ruby, Python, or Perl
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Several years of experience with Linux operating systems development tools
• Several years building and running systems for cloud-based, 24x7 and/or distributed services
• Several years of experience building complex software and/or physical computing infrastructure that has been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with AWS Technologies
• Have worked on highly concurrent, high throughput systems with knowledge of distributed systems
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with embedded system software development and deployment
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top