System Development Engineer
- Tokyo, Japan
The AWS Enterprise Engineering Telephony team provides globally scaled, high-quality voice and video communications solutions that support hundreds of thousands of Amazonians around the world. Our services touch every element of the business every day: our corporate offices, our customer service teams, fulfillment centers, a diverse development community, and many more.
We are looking for a systems development engineer with a strong foundation in object-oriented programming in a Linux-based enterprise environment. You'll play a key role in architecting, designing, supporting, and enhancing our AWS-based telecommunications infrastructure. You'll use and touch a wide range of technologies and systems, including products we've built from the ground up as well as commercial . You'll help junior engineers develop their skills, and continue to raise the bar and build the future of Amazon.
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You have experience in networking and telecommunications. You have experience building large-scale systems in an enterprise environment, and have implemented automated solutions to manage virtualized infrastructure across all of its lifecycle stages.
You view run book instructions as code that just hasn't been written. Quality is foremost on your mind, and test driven development is your starting point. You think about how to manage systems in mass and to auto-remediate configuration drift.
You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure.
You're passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job, not their computing environment. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions. You have a passion for designing and building cloud-computing systems for a diverse set of customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or relevant work experience
• 2+ years of scripting with Python, Perl or other language
• 2+ years of object-oriented programming
• 4+ years of experience developing and supporting operationally critical services
• 4+ years of experience building and supporting IT solutions in a Linux-based, enterprise environment, including provisioning, patching, configuration, and performance management
• 5+ years telecommunications or voice network engineering experience
• 5+ years managing large-scale enterprise or carrier hosted VoIP and/or video platforms
• Experience with Broadworks Cloud PBX / Unified Communications solutions.
• Experience with AWS technologies or similar platforms
• Additional programming knowledge in Go or Java is helpful
• Experience working within Agile frameworks
• Experience working with carriers to provision, install, and operate both voice and data networks
• Working knowledge of TDM, H.323, and telecommunications fundamentals
• Solid grasp of deep TCP/IP OSI-model networking concepts
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top