System Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Systems Development Engineer (DevOps, Systems, and Software Engineering skills) to enhance and automate the lifecycle of the services that manage one of the world's largest and most complex networks. This position is located in Dublin, Ireland and working in the heart of AWS global network. The engineers within our organization are instrumental in allowing us to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale the network.
Tens of millions of customers rely on Amazon's network for using our retail websites, accessing content on their Kindles and building applications and businesses on top of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. Our goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform for the world - achieving this goal requires high-leverage, massively scalable software services. Our success depends on our world-class network infrastructure, and our network depends on our Service Transformation and Deployment Automation team.
Our ideal candidate is autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience working at scale. Systems Development Engineers work hand-in-hand with service teams to invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network while never losing sight of the high security bar our customers demand.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. Systems Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedures and constantly innovate proactively.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers on the planet. You can also further your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience deploying and operating Linux or other UNIX variants in a datacenter environment.
• Experience with programming languages (Ruby, Python, Java)
• Experience in automation via scripting and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, Terraform)
• Knowledge of standard internet protocols (IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, etc.)
• Previous experience with network automation (e.g. automated provisioning and remote configuration of switches and routers; flow-based analysis and predictive modeling of traffic in dynamic routing environments.)
• Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with object-oriented programming
• Excellent analytical skills
• Graduate degree a plus
• AWS Certification a plus
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top