System Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
The Transportation Support Team in Hyderabad is looking for a Software Support Engineer/DevOps who can provide support for production software application issues and internal customer issues in Transportation Financial Services organization. DevOps Engineer will be specializing in application support of Trans Financial Systems.
Your solutions will impact our customers directly! This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, Java), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development on Amazon Corporate and Divisional Software projects, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- Bachelor's in CS or related field
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as SQL, Perl, Python, XML or Ruby
- 3+ years overall development/technical support experience.
- 3+ years experience in scripting (bash, python, ruby and/or similar)
- Ability to write code in C, C++ or Java
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data
- Strong problem solving skills with great attention to detail, including the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
- Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Experience working with relational databases, distributed computing technologies, AWS.
• Experience with Linux
• Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
• Other desired technical skills include Perl, Ruby, Oracle SQL.
• Documentation skills
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
• Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus
Back to top