The AWS Hardware Engineering team creates server designs for Amazon's innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative self-starter. You will work with engineers across the company as well as external companies and lead test automation and server test content bring-up efforts. You will use your broad experience using and developing automated testing tools, programming languages and expertise on hardware to test prototype servers. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology come help us make history!
What you will do: You will be a member of the HWEng qualification team and will interact with engineers across the company to lead the testing of AWS server platforms and devices. You will also lead design, development and automation of the test content used to qualify hardware with Amazon requirements. You will recommend product improvements based on your testing results. Finally, you will work closely with AWS engineers to automate reporting of test coverage in the lab qualifications.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customization that will directly benefit customers.
Why you will love it: You will work with engineers across the company to build next-generation servers. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering/Science or related technical field with 4+ years relevant work experience
• 2+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
• 2+ years of experience building and designing test cases for servers and/or devices
• Experience with running qualification testing and automation frameworks
• Experience with testing methodologies (unit, Scrum)
• Experience with modern technology devices in storage, network, as well as a variety of interface standards and protocols (PCIe, SATA, SAS, NVMe)
• Experience with enterprise level validation of hardware, software, firmware and drivers
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Linux knowledge
• Experience designing and implementing test coverage on server platforms
• Experience with x86 architecture, as well as ARM, and GPU/ FPGA devices
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us