System Development Engineer
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn't have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a Sr. Systems Development Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting the systems that the development and design teams in Amazon Sidewalk and third party partners rely on to build the next generation of Sidewalk devices. You will coordinate with developers and engineers to build and support the infrastructure they need. You will work with vendors to evaluate, purchase, deploy, and support mission-critical tools. You will customize and integrate third-party software to meet our needs. You will improve existing infrastructure to ensure it continues to meet our high bar for operational excellence.
Base location: Taipei or Hsinchu
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of Software Development including Systems Integration and BSP development
• Extensive embedded development experience in C and C++, and familiarity with ARM CPUs
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented programming/design, data structures and problem solving
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization in Mandarin and English
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields
• Prior experience with system bring-up and manufacturing line testing.
• Experience with Android BSP development
• Experience with Embedded Linux development
• Experience with RTOS development
• Experience in factory diagnostics and validation tests
• Knowledge on device security background: Trustzone, Secure boot, DRM, AES, PKI and other cryptos
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top