System Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you like using the latest cloud computing technologies?
AWS is looking for Systems Development Engineers to improve and automate our processes. You will own designing and building the infrastructure required to launch services to run on AWS.
As a Systems Development Engineer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, operate and maintain services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide array of technologies and AWS services, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
We make heavy investments in automation and scalable, distributed systems. We work with many different customers who are looking for both simplicity and power. If you have a deep interest in learning cloud computing and want to build robust distributed systems that thousands of customers rely on, join us !
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in networking and operating systems
• 2+ years experience in building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
• 2+ years of experience in developing/configuring/maintaining large scale applications and distributed systems
• Hands-on experience in one of the following: Ruby/Python//Java
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Demonstrated skill and passion for automation and process improvements
• Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
• Practical experience with engineering best practices
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
Back to top