System Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services is looking for System Development Engineers to build highly available fault tolerant distributed systems for managing, monitoring, and controlling AWS infrastructure. The Software Developer on our team is responsible for re-defining the way we think about networking and infrastructure to enable our internal and external customers to continue to scale without limit on the largest, most reliable global infrastructure.
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated Software Developer with a proven background in scalable distributed systems and web services development in Python, Ruby or Java on Linux-based platforms. In this role the Software Engineer will be a hands-on technical lead responsible for all phases of the project development cycle. You will work with customers to gather requirements and generate technical designs, and you will carry the project from implementation all the way through validation and operations. You will use your strong leadership and communication skills to mentor other engineers and provide training and support for our technologies. Come join us if you want to test your limits and tackle technical challenges you won't see anywhere else.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Bachelor's Degree in CS/EE or equivalent combined with 5 or more years of professional experience
• Or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 2 or more years of professional experience
• Coding skills in C/C++, Python
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Experience with distributed systems architecture
• Multi-threaded programming
• Deep experience with Software Development Life Cycle
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Ability to motivate and mentor people
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top