Amazon CloudFront is one of the fastest growing, lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of . CloudFront is a fast content delivery (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. We bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up the user experience.
CloudFront is integrated with both physical locations that are directly connected to the global infrastructure, as well as other services. CloudFront enables multiple services including Shield for DDoS mitigation, Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing or Amazon EC2 as origins for your applications, and Lambda@Edge to run custom code closer to customers' users and to customize the user experience. Amazon CloudFront uses a global of edge locations to cache and route requests to the best possible location based on known latency, available capacity and many other factors.
Amazon CloudFront's Engineering team is looking for experienced Systems Development Engineer to help develop new hardware and provisioning platform, and build automation and tooling of critical service reliability and efficiency functions that ensures massively scaled, fault-tolerant and globally service for our end users.
Opportunities with CloudFront include:
• Leading change to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges
• Utilizing hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed
• Building systems to maintain good "fleet hygiene" and hardware lifecycle management
• Identifying and developing processes, and tools to address top operational issues
As a member of the CloudFront team, you will:
• Operate an business with global infrastructure and customers at a massive scale
• Own one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS
• Work closely with a great team of software developers and principal engineers
• Understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at scale
The CloudFront team:
• Is a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Loves building new innovative technologies and improving our existing ones
• Wears multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready
• Is fast-growing, agile and collaborative
• 3+ years of system engineering experience
• BS Computer Science or other technical degree, or related experience
• 3+ years experience in online Internet computing environments
• 3+ years experience scripting in Perl, Python, Shell or similar
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) at least hundreds of machines.
• Thorough understanding of fundamental internet protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP and network fundamentals.
• Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
• Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.