System Development Engineer
- United States
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
As a result of continued rapid growth we are currently seeking a System Development Engineer for our Worldwide Operations Software Deployment & Integration team.
• Able to travel up to 60%.
Special knowledge in either software systems or in controls/PLC will be considered:
For software systems
• 3-5 years experience with the designs of complex, automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, or systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
• Experience with process design based on Lean engineering principles.
• Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, or CAD software.
• Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
• Design-in-Safety experience
• Experience writing incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation
• Experience with capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
• Experience working technical documentation such as flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details
• Programming experience with Java, Python, or Ruby
• Strong Unix skills and the ability to script in either Perl, shell, C or C++.
• Operational knowledge of common enterprise switching and routing platforms.
For Controls/ PLC
• 3-5 years of control system working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support.
• 3-5 years experience with Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis. (Siemens nice to have).
• Demonstrated understanding of life-cycle embedded systems development including hardware (circuit and logic designs, PLCs), software (embedded operating systems and programming), testing and implementation.
• Deep knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Warehouse Controls Systems (WCS) with respect to large-scale distribution or manufacturing environments.
• Experience in testing and implementing software (embedded operating systems and programming).
• Experience with operating and managing Unix/Linux systems (both embedded and "full scale")
• Fluency with SQL and database design (primarily Oracle and MySQL)
• Experience in technical leadership for large-scale controls engineering projects including work with complex material handling systems and packaging lines
• Demonstrated knowledge of TC/IP and industrial networks
• Experience with 3-phase electrical systems
• A working combination of both software and controls systems knowledge can substitute for years of experience in either discipline.
• Ability to recognize and implement improvements to the human aspects of systems development, implementation, and use.
• Demonstrated ability to go beyond specialization and combine controls- and software- systems engineering skills to implement new solutions at the organizational or archetectural level.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $110,600 - $160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top