System Developement Engineer - AWS Payments
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Payments Team builds and operates the back and front end platforms that enable customers to understand their financial status and pay for services. Our team owns customer financial experience and management tools for one of the world's largest commerce platforms. We are looking for a for a talented systems development engineer to join the team in Seattle.
Our services generate and send financial documents to customers, collect payments, and account for revenue. We process millions of invoices and financial documents every month, which represents billions of dollars of IT usage and spend. Quality, accuracy and availability are critical to our business.
Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we work with teams across AWS and ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience.
We are looking for experienced System Development Engineers to define and build automation of critical service reliability, audit and compliance functions that ensures a private and secure financial experience for our customers.
What You'll Do
Your work will be varied, including things like:Identifying and developing processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address top operational issues
• Working in close collaboration with software development leadership and product management to shape the future roadmap
• Partnering with software developers to establish strong operational readiness across teams
• Leading change to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex operational, security, auditability or reliability challenges
• Creating and enhancing regression metrics and automated tests
You'll be part of a team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud technology and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java, and proficiency with one other programming language
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
• Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top