System Dev Engineer II
- Hyderabad, India
Are you excited to work on building platform solutions that enable hundreds of Amazon development teams to automatically create, deploy and manage their services by minimising the time to market and improving the security, availability and efficiency of the services?
HEX is a program that automates the creation and management of basic hardware and software infrastructure required for running Amazon internal services. Our engineers help provide a highly available platform to host thousands of services that operate at the core of Amazon's business, at Internet scale. We enable Amazon's internal developers minimise time-to-market by allowing them to simply launch their application code as a service. In this role you will be responsible for tackling core software engineering problems viz. distributed computing, resource usage efficiency, tenant isolation, fault tolerance and will use AWS cloud technologies.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java or Python.
• Deep experience integrating software solutions, automating manual processes and/or building portals or internal tools
• Experience with UI development and building innovative user experiences.
• Great problem solving and Linux based system troubleshooting.
• Experience in developing systems architecture
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
• Experience specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience reviewing and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
• Experience driving collaborative projects from conception to delivery
• Effective organizational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a busy environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
• Understanding of industry technology (analytics, monitoring, code deployment, system scalability, load balancers, web servers)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and a commitment to document findings
• Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards such as OOD, SOAP, REST, Spring and AJAX
Back to top