System Admin/Engr II
- London, United Kingdom
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Amazon's Corporate Infrastructure Buildout (CIB) team has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer. The CIB team leads and executes IT infrastructure builds at Amazon offices globally.
We are looking for an engineer who will configure, and install IT infrastructure at offices globally. This engineer will own documenting, automating, executing, and leading installation of remote system builds of core Windows, Linux, and Network devices. The engineer in this role will work with project managers, contractors, vendors, systems engineering teams, and local technicians to coordinate the deployment of IT Infrastructure to remote offices. To be successful in this position you must have a strong desire to lead remote technicians, automate systems builds, deal well with a fast moving environment, and be comfortable taking initiative. The engineer will also provide capacity planning, project coordination, and subject matter expertise and/or remote technical support to local technicians performing systems builds.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Windows or Linux systems administration
• 2+ years supporting or engineering Cisco networks
• Experience with physical infrastructure installations including hardware integration, racking, and cabling
• Experience working with data and telecom carriers to procure, deliver, and activate network circuits
• Ability to engineer solutions and provide support in a heterogeneous Microsoft Windows and Linux environment
• Clear, professional technical writing and communication skills
• Experience with project management
• Some travel and off-hours work is required
• Experience deploying services to Amazon's Cloud (Amazon Web Services)
• Flexibility, ability to think on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
• Experience administering or supporting Aruba wireless network equipment
• Demonstrated track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
• Prefer hands on experience with HyperV, switching, routing, and troubleshooting of enterprise scale network components.
Back to top