SW Development Manager - Alexa Guard
- Vancouver, Canada
We're looking for a technical leader to develop and launch new features of Alexa for home security. Do you enjoy solving complex technical problems across multiple domains to build customer experiences - from a business and technical perspective? Can you build a strong self-sufficient development team?
Our team focuses on bringing Alexa customers peace of mind, safety, and security about their households and loved ones. We build Alexa features such as Alexa Guard and integration with smart devices, such as contact/motion sensors, cameras, security systems, etc. Our engineering work spans voice and mobile interactions as well as back-end services and public 3P web services.
As the Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for directly managing a team of engineers, for its deliverables, and for its technical choices from software architecture to operational excellence. You'll own the goals, end-to-end development, and support of your roadmap. You will own ensuring your features can scale to support Alexa internationally. You will partner with principal engineers to coach your team through scalable, highly-available, and low latency technology choices.
About Alexa Guard:
Alexa can help keep your home safe when you're away with Alexa Guard-just say, "Alexa, I'm leaving" to activate Guard. When you enable Guard, Alexa can send you Smart Alerts about the sound of glass-breaking, smoke detectors, or carbon monoxide alarms detected in your home. Alexa can also intuitively turn lights on and off to help deter intruders using Away Lighting and can integrate with alarm systems from Ring and ADT to keep your home safe.
• Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software and systems product development
• 2+ years building, leading, and managing high-performance technical teams, including experience managing managers
• MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience with application performance analysis and tuning
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
• Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top