Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
You are able to take a defined design and turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices.
You write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
You are proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them (and when it is not ).
You participate in team design, scoping and prioritization discussions.
You work effectively with customers and/or internal partners to understand business impacts and identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions.
You invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- 0-3 years of software development experience
- Basic understanding of software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Development experience on Android / Linux OS / embedded system.