Sw Dev Engineer - Mobile / iOS (Blink)
- Seattle, WA
Blink is a team of builders that proudly develops connected consumer products completely in house using a fast paced and efficient process. Acquired by Amazon, we love seeing Blink on the amazon.com home page, in retail stores, and in the homes of millions of users. We combine our startup culture with the resources and scale of Amazon to create a vibrant, fun, and rewarding place to work.
As a member of our mobile applications team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of customer-obsessed Blink product features. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume mobile apps that customers love. You will implement custom native apps using the latest mobile application standards. Experience working with hardware and embedded device software is a plus.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities in mobile and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, mobile and web service technologies as it related to mobile apps, and practical experience building customer facing mobile products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• 3+ years of industry experience with iOS, Swift and Objective C
• 3+ years professional experience in software development building consumer-facing mobile applications
• 3+ years of experience with SDK and writing multi-threaded applications
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Have designed and developed companion apps for consumer electronics devices
• Experience in multimedia streaming protocols; understanding of video and audio codecs
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top