- New York, NY
The Intelligent Cloud Control (ICC) organization is looking for a Senior Production Support Engineers to own DevOps operations for ecommerce platform technologies that host and run Amazon's global websites. ICC is the organization at Amazon that owns connecting our worldwide websites and other consumer experiences such as Kindle, Amazon Video, and Alexa to the internet, as well as ensuring the highest level of availability, security and privacy of the web services that power the experience we deliver to our customers worldwide.
Our teams own the routing layer built on top of AWS technology that connects traffic with these experiences at low latency and protects the web services that power our consumer experiences against malicious robot and DDoS attacks. Our teams own the development of strategic DevOps tools that are used across Amazon to deploy, monitor and operate the 100s of Thousands of services that power our highly distributed website architecture.
Our development and systems development teams own the availability of all the consumer experiences we connect to the internet. Our tools include orchestration, predictive analytics, monitoring, diagnostic that enable us to deploy opinionated DevOps configurations that implement best practices in order to deliver the best availability experiences by intelligently managing how traffic flows through our highly distributed architecture.
As a Production/Systems Engineer you will automate the building, monitoring and management of the Cloud compute and AWS infrastructure used every day to host all of Amazon's consumer business services. Our orchestration technology enables service owners at Amazon to choose run-times that meet their business needs (EC2, Docker Containers with ECS, Lambda), to choose the AWS infrastructure pieces they need and instantly deploy their innovations whilst AutoPilot automatically monitors and manages the health of their infrastructure needs. This role is unique to Amazon and offers excellent career opportunities across multiple domains.
You will take an active part in developing and operating Amazon current and next generation technologies used to manage our highly distributed infrastructure. Our worldwide fleets serve tens of billions of customer requests per day through Amazon retail websites, Kindle, Amazon instant video, Amazon subsidiaries and more, giving you a unique scale of impact opportunity for your career. You will need to demonstrate great passion for customers, agility and adaptability in the face of fast changing business requirements and innovation across the company.
As a successful candidate you will have:
• Experience developing solutions as a full stack dev-ops engineer.
• Be equally comfortable coding and operating the code you write.
• A proven track record of diagnosing and fixing critical issues in high pressure situations.
• You will demonstrate creativity in identifying, scoping and building innovative tools to solve our unique operations problems.
• You will have a strong understanding of build and deployment pipelines as well as operations monitoring pipelines.
• You will have a strong understanding of cloud architecture scalability challenges.
• Support Engineers troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks.
• The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and involves small to medium level software development work.
• Responsible for developing tools and automation to achieve human free operations. They use the right tool for the job, and modify software in a way that leverages the overall system architecture. If you have a strong Application Support background, and have passion to develop tools at large scale, this is the opportunity for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience
• 4+ years of related experience
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
• Strong Unix based OS experience or proven ability to pick up Linux quickly
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in at least one of the following OO programming languages: Python, Ruby, Java, C++
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, including experience with load balancers, switches, routers, etc
• Solid understanding of DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
• Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
• Advanced understanding of DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
• Experience with system analysis and troubleshooting in large-scale Linux environment
• Strong understanding of modern database technology, experience with AWS database products such as DynamoDB
Back to top