The Pyxis team is looking for a Support Engineer with a passion for automation and CICD. The AWS Pyxis team builds and provides operational support for internal tools used by developers across AWS. Our support engineers work in a fast-paced environment in order to to deliver cutting-edge services to our customers. Pyxis team members own the scaling and management of services across AWS regions supporting the US Government. Candidates should have a strong desire to learn, be passionate about both DevOps, and be curious about Amazon's internal and external services. A Pyxis Support Engineer will:
• work with other engineers and service teams to build and manage massively scaled services
• diagnose, resolve customer issues •
• perform code builds, deployments and read complex service code •
• track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale
• refine operational process and procedures • participate in team planning and lead small projects •
• mentor junior team members •
• develop simple tools and scripts •
• monitor metrics and dashboards to maintain service SLA's
This candidate should have a solid understanding of Linux operating systems, including: •
• Various distros and their corresponding package management tools
• Permissions and permissions management
• Log parsing using grep, awk, sed, cut, tr, etc
• Remote access via ssh
• Network tools (ip, ifconfig, netstat, tcpdump, strace, netcat, ping, etc)
• System Monitoring Tools (top, *stat tools, etc)
• DNS and tools (bind, host, dig, nslookup, etc)
This position requires that applicant selected posses an active TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph.
Job can work out of Herndon, VA, Arlington, VA, Denver, CO, or Seattle, WA
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Minimum of 3 year experience with administrative access to a computer system. •
• Familiar with debugging applications running on Linux/Unix and/or Windows servers. •
• Familiarity with of one or more programming or scripting languages •
• Strong desire to learn
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
• Experience in a 24x7 production environment, esp. one based on Linux
• Good troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
• Experience with performance testing and tuning •
• Automation or monitoring framework experience, deployment or development
• Experience with large distributed IT systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.