Support Engineer III
Amazon is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people to support and engineer the next generation of compute and storage platforms. The Data Warehouse Data Center Operations team is responsible for providing Infrastructure support for Amazon's Data Warehouse. We have high standards for our infrastructure as well as our employees, and our systems are highly reliable, highly available, and turn scale into an advantage for our business and an asset to our customers. Our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers and fun to work with.
The Data Warehouse Data Center team comprises of smart engineers and technicians who support the company's data warehouse infrastructure through innovation and dedication. As a Data Warehouse Support Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the Data Warehouse infrastructure, including but not limited to hosts servers, networking and storage components, and work on . You will also be required to work on various projects as the need arises. The projects will vary in size such as from deep dives as part of troubleshooting, to the installation and build of data warehouse grids builds composing of racks, hosts, cabling and networking. You will also be required to work with customer whenever they are having performance issues to diagnose and work together on resolving the issue provide on-call support to resolve any performance issues or outages. Another aspect of the job will be working partnering with vendors to ensure the resiliency of our equipment.t is properly maintained.
- Maintain data warehouse equipment and remediate hardware, firmware and OS issues
- Drive operational efficiency improvements over hardware fleet
- Initiate service improvements in the production environment
- Handle and troubleshoot support incidents within SLA's
- Assist in developing methods for incident reduction
- Work on data warehouse projects
- Work with vendors to assist and support as required
- Improve efficiency within areas of work
- Document and create technical instructions where ever possible
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support
- Collaborate with outside teams to resolve customers issues
- At least 2yrs experience in large scale data-center network or systems implementations and supporting Storage Arrays
- Strong Communication skills both written and verbal, able to work across teams and stake holders
- Ability to work with and assist external vendors when they are required to work in the Data warehouse environment
- Must be proficient and comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies (DNS, LDAP, NFS, FTP, etc.)
- Troubleshoot Linux/Unix systems, Software tools, networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Amazon.com Data Centers are 24x7 environments. All interested candidates must be prepared to work on-call.
- All candidates must possess a valid driver's license, their own vehicle, and will need to pass a driving record check to operate company vehicles. Travel between sites/locations during the workday may occur.
- Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field of study
- Technical Writing - Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment
- Automate select network/systems administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Work closely with our Network/Systems/Software Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products, as well as ongoing deployment and sustaining of software tools
- Collaborate with level-3 escalation resolvers
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top