Support Engineer III
- Tempe, AZ
Job Title: Support Engineer IV
Job Location: Pune, India
Are you a technical leader who wants to own critical, highly scalable systems, and spur innovation in the web services world? Are you passionate about building automation tool on AWS Cloud Infrastructure?
Identity Services provide the core services that identify, authenticate and authorize our customers, and provide the information to hundreds of services within the Amazon service oriented architecture. We manage the customer authentication and authorization experience, and are working on new and exciting initiatives in this space.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating sane and efficient processes, procedures and automation. You will own goals to consistently drive down operational load and increase efficiencies in every component of the team's operational work. You will be developing, and leading building tools and systems for improving clients and developers experience.
Your problem resolving skill will benefit customers directly, insuring Amazon able to meet all its commitments to our customers. Primary responsibilities include build and develop tools which will automate daily operational activities, you will be developing tool which will drive operational excellence through the organization, troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, C/C++, JAVA). Responsibilities also include working alongside development on Identity Software projects, updating/enhancing our current software and automation of support processes.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once and able to work independently. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years' experience in DevOps or Software Development
- Strong working knowledge of Linux operating system
- Solid scripting experience in one or more of the following languages: Shell, Python, Ruby or Perl
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as S3, AWS DynamoDB will be an advantage
- Experience in building system automation tools.
- Experience with online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Strong customer focus, ownership and drive
Back to top