Help us build software that expands Print-On-Demand (POD) to new Amazon marketplaces, reducing the time to market and providing scalable and secure services from publishing to order and from manufacturing to delivery.
Our vision for POD is a world where customers can find and buy any book in any language on Amazon; where publishers and authors can distribute their titles across Amazon's websites without having to hold any physical inventory; where every title is always "in-stock" and customer orders are manufactured in real-time and delivered on-time; where we seek out latest technology trends to build exciting new on-demand products for customers.
We accelerate growth for POD by bootstrapping new products and expanding into new geographies and sales channels, creating new opportunities for content creators to expand their reach. Our team builds applications and POD systems that empower anyone to realize their dream of becoming a published author. We strive to provide an experience that is powerful, yet simple to use and accessible to all.
We're recruiting an enthusiastic support engineer who focuses on operational excellence, enjoys troubleshooting complex issues, and is customer obsessed. To succeed in this role, you will focus on:
• Improve operational efficiency for all services through the identification and development of SLAs, metrics, monitors, procedures, tools, and documentation
• Think proactively and work to prevent support issues before they are realized
• Drive prioritization of operational issues and automate solutions to recurring issues using scripting and programming skills
• Dive deep into service interdependencies and region-specific configurations to find the root causes
• Participate in design reviews to identify and mitigate support risks
• Work closely with development and QA teams to improve the change management life-cycle
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Arlington Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstratable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field
• Experience in analyzing application logs and identifying root causes
• Expereince in ticket handling, monitoring, processes and metrics
• 3+ years of software development or support engineering experience
• Experience with REST web services, YAML, XML, JSON.
• Experience using Linux and Amazon Web Services.
• Experience operating large scale systems
• Experience in 24/7 production environments and willing to be on-call on a rotation basis
• Expereince in application deployment and CI/CD pipelines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.