Support Engineer-- AWS/EC2- GovCloud
We're building a new team dedicated to expanding our Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) to new customers. We are seeking talented engineers skilled in the art of integration who can bridge gaps between systems, software, and ops – and are not constrained by how "things are usually done." This new team will focus on delivering solid, scalable systems on an aggressive schedule.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a "typical" day, systems engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success. You'll master the inner details of the EC2 platform. You will design and build the operational scalability and automation that sustains the platform's insane growth. You will measure your success and it will be visible.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of the Linux operating system
- 3 years plus of Development of systems management and administration automation in Perl, Python, Ruby or Java. We have multiple Systems Engineering positions available at different levels (mid to senior).
This position requires the applicant selected to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. A US Government administered polygraph examination will be required. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Strong debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues
- Experience with massive-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top