Support Engineer AWS Storage Services
- Herndon, VA
This is an exciting opportunity to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
Available locations include Herndon VA, Arlington, VA, Denver, CO or Seattle WA!
Come work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology companies anywhere.
• The Support Engineer position will be responsible for:
• Building, launching, and maintaining a suite of AWS services that provides the IC with state of the art storage solutions.
• Install and configure operating systems, applications, software, and system management tools
• Manage and maintain Continuous Deployment Pipelines
• Manage and monitor systems' health and status
• 24 hour/7 days operations with an on-call rotation
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Denver, CO: This position starts at $79,100 a year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Arlington, VA: This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Want to learn more? Reach out to Josh Sacks (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Experience in 24x7 production environments
• 2+ years Linux experience
• 2+ years technical support or development experience
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
• Ability to use and modify scripting with a focus on automation
• Experience with IT Lifecycle
• Experience managing large server fleets
• Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
• Experience with file and storage structures
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top