Join us on our mission to once again revolutionize the way the world shops. We are the Amazon Physical Stores Technical Operations team, responsible for launching and operating the commerce software services which run stores like Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, and Amazon Pop-Up. Amazon Go, with its "Just Walk Out" technology is already a game-changer for retail, and we're just getting started.
Our approach to problems is entrepreneurial. You will be challenged to invent, create and solve challenging problems as well as wear many hats and collaborate in an environment that's more startup than big company. You will need a strong ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues.
As a Support Engineer (Technical Operations Center Engineer), you seek resolution to problems and mitigate risk, always ensuring a Customer Obsessed experience has occurred. You will be working on services with a direct impact on the customer experience. If you are excited about the opportunity to learn and work on distributed systems, enjoy trouble shooting and solving complex problems, consider the opportunities to work with Amazon Physical Stores.
You will help solve a variety of challenges and offer your expertise in growing the knowledge of your peers via team collaboration. You will be counted on to identify areas of improvement and drive projects to implement them. We consistently whiteboard so be comfortable writing and supporting your ideas on the team board. You will play an active role in defining the support processes for technologies in partnership with other technology leaders within and possibly outside the team. You should be comfortable with a level of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving big challenges. You will also mentor other engineers in your area of expertise. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll work hard, have fun and impact many customers!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines
• 5 to 8 years of experience in development/network systems/infrastructure/Production Support
• Hands on experience with distributed and/or enterprise applications
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Strong understanding of support processes handling tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics
• Ability to solve complex problems independently
• Strong as an individual contributor creating and managing standard operating procedures and internal processes
• You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• You maintain SLA's through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting.
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Proven track record of service improvement and optimization in production
• Exposure to processes improvement techniques
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
• Able to write complex scripts and automation (using any one of Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python)
• Working within a Scrum team, or as ScrumMaster.
• Having defined and run A/B or multivariate experiments in production.
• Experience with training and deploying machine learning systems to solve large-scale optimizations