- Seattle, WA
Are you ready to support a critical Tier 0 service for one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world? Amazon.com has millions of customers, and developers all over the world that rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services via Amazon Web Services. We support these services at massive, and ever-growing scale and our customers expect the highest quality and reliability. We rapidly integrate new technologies to expand our customer offerings and our success depends on our world-class network infrastructure. Our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" for the world.
AWS DNS, part of Route 53, is seeking enthusiastic and talented Support Engineers to provide hands on troubleshooting for our large-scale DNS platforms, configuration management systems, and real-time system status APIs. We relentlessly focus on the security, performance, availability, and scalability of our Internet-scale services. We build and operate systems that are critical in powering the platforms that Amazon's global retail, AWS, and Kindle businesses run upon.
As a Support Engineer, you own the customer experience. You are a DNS expert, and our customers look to you for solutions to problems of varying complexity. You work closely with software engineering, as the voice of the customer, to ensure that customer feedback is heard and built into our products.
On a typical day you might:
• Dive Deep while working with customers, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving problems across various technologies
• Create and update engineering or customer-facing documentation
• Develop runbooks, or build tools, used by customers or other Support Engineers
• Identify customer pain points, raising concerns with engineering, to shape the product roadmap
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, adapts quickly to new technologies, and has high career growth potential. There's ample opportunity, we want you to make use of it! The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Above it all, you "Work hard, have fun, and make history!"
• 5+ years of experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
• 5+ years of experience of Linux system administration
• 5+ years of experience with support procedures and methodologies for production computing environments
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field OR equivalent experience in a technical position
• Understanding of Networking Fundamentals and ability to troubleshoot issues with related tools (e.g. ICMP, traceroute, netstat, pcap, etc.)
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts and ability to perform deep, technical troubleshooting
• Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment methodologies
• Strong documentation skills
• Fundamental knowledge of networking technologies
• Scripting experience (e.g. bash) or basic programming experience in Python
Back to top