Amazon is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need astute people to support and engineer the next generation of compute and storage platforms for our customer. Amazon's ISO (Infrastructure, Services and Operations) group provides support worldwide with a focus on continuous improvement. We have exceptionally high standards for our infrastructure as well as our employees, and our systems are highly reliable, highly available, and turn scale into an advantage for our business and an asset to our customers. Our employees are exceptional, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with.
The ISO team is looking for experienced people who are willing to own solutions, insist on the highest standards for our customers and can both think of the big picture but dive deep into solutions when the situation warrants. The skills and traits we are looking for include:
• Have strong Linux/Unix Systems Administration knowledge, including shell scripting, and a proficiency in at least one development language
• Work with many different internal Software Development teams to drive improvement of the systems/services within the team's scope
• Be a focal point for the escalation for complex issues and dive deep for solutions as well as provide guidance and knowledge-sharing with your teammates
• Work directly with the various service owners and hardware design teams to collaborate on hardware issues within the fleet
• Drive the team to improve operational efficiency for all services through root cause and trend analysis with the identification and development of SLA, metrics, monitors, procedures, tools, and documentation
• Have, or be willing to learn, the capability to automate day to day tasks and develop/build software and/or services
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position can sit in Denver CO, Herndon VA, or Seattle WA.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $70,000 $95,000/yr, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A clearance bonus (up to $45,000/yr), sign-on bonus, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• 2+ Years Administrating in Linux or Windows environment
• 2+ Years Experience troubleshooting x86/64 hardware in an enterprise server environment (e.g. 50+ servers)
• 2+ Years Experience troubleshooting network-related issues
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Experience scripting in one or more language (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Bachelor's Degree in IT related field or equivalency in related work experience
• Database experience to include building & executing queries (e.g. MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB)
• Experience troubleshooting & maintaining hardware & software RAID.
• Basic certifications in applicable field eg. Net+/Security+/A+/Linux+/RHCSA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.