- Dublin, Ireland
Places Tech team is part of Amazon Last Mile Geospatial Technology under and is responsible for ensuring best-in-class delivery experience for customers who shop on Amazon. The Places Tech team does this by learning all it can about every possible delivery location on the planet and using these inputs to drive faster delivery speed, lower cost and with most delivery convenience all at once and at scale.
Would you like to make an impact to each package delivered by Amazon? Our team aims to make every address printed on an Amazon shipping label accurate and deliverable, while ensuring we have additional intelligence such as access codes, location photos, geocodes, business hours, and customer delivery preferences. To achieve this worldwide, we focus on building comprehensive address data for the regions, and on developing sophisticated ML based software that recognizes and validates customer addresses, learns from historical data as well as through crowd sourced intelligence. While all our platforms and technology have to be global and scalable, our solutions are also customized for each region given that addresses are structured and managed very differently across countries.
DevOps Automation Engineers at Amazon test and automate cutting edge applications, products and critical infrastructure by using automation tools. They are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. DevOps automation Engineers at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. They would be responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail to drive automation of tests as well as system infrastructure working with SDEs, SDMs and PMs. Responsibilities include troubleshooting and fixing production software issues, developing tools, automations and monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance, tracking/resolving technical challenges and improving operational excellence of the systems.
In this role, you will
• Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Java or shell scripts
• Be responsible to deliver automated solutions to test customer facing features and tier-1/tier-2 services and it's infrastructure.
• Work with a team of engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective goals.
• Work with Product and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
• Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop automation approaches that fit the overall strategy
• BE or BTech in Computer Science or in a relevant Engineering discipline
• 3+ years overall development/technical support experience
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented concepts
• Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as C, , or Java
• Proficiency with any DBMS
• Knowledge of the UNIX/LINUX operating system
• Experience in automation tool selection and building automation.
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Ability to understand technical specification, distributed systems architecture and ability to deep dive on service/application logs.
• Proven track record in working on enterprise level large scale n-tier applications
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues in Enterprise level applications
• Experience in Agile practices and methodologies such as TDD Development and Scrum
• Appreciation for continuous deployment and devops
• Ability to define, measure and influence automation related metrics
• Strong organizational skills
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product effectiveness
• Ability to solve ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to see big picture and build solutions
Experience in any of the following will be beneficial: Ecommerce, Cloud-based deployment and operation and Service-oriented architectures
Back to top