Are you looking for a challenge? Would you like to use your engineering background to join the team supporting software applications that improve the global workplace? We're looking for talented and driven individuals to join us.
Your problem resolving skill have a direct impact on people and will impact our customers directly! This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, C/C++, JAVA), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development on Amazon Corporate and Divisional Software projects, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You should have expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
• B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
• Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
• 2+ years overall development/technical support experience.
• Object oriented development experience in C++ and/or Java.
• Experience in UNIX/Linux operating system.
• Experience in database architecture and perform SQL queries.
• Comfortable working with ambiguous/undefined problems and has ability to think abstractly.
• Hands-on experience of architecting and building with AWS technologies (or similar products) to deliver software systems.
• Other desired technical skills include Perl, Ruby, Python
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer