The Amazon Speech team is a group of scientists and developers working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. The team's mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) and natural language understanding (NLU) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused Support Engineer to support the fast evolving and expanding ASR system. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The role encompasses working with a support engineering team that is providing production ticket support for multiple products and platforms, engineering development support, and business decision making support.
Key job functions:
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services.
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks.
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects.
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and Support status reporting.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and automated incident resolution.
- Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
- Work with Development teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Computer Science fundamentals.
- 3+ years overall experience in development/networking/sys admin/application support.
- Knowledge of Java based technologies.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Broad understanding of monitoring concepts and tools.
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus.
- Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicates effectively with a wide array of individuals and gets the right things done.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top