- Tempe, AZ
Are you interested in working for an innovative, high-impact business? Do you have a passion for problem solving? Amazon is looking for a Support Engineer to join the Sort Tech team. Sort Tech is establishing a comprehensive support program to help improve our internal Customer's experience with our suite of products and services that enable sortation, containerization, loading, and unloading processes at all nodes in Amazon's worldwide transportation network.
Amazon's transportation network gets millions of packages to customers worldwide, faster and cheaper while providing world class customer experience from checkout on the website, to shipment planning, fulfillment and delivery. Our software systems include services that use thousands of signals every second to make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience of over 100 million online shoppers. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and high volume, low latency, high availability services. This growing part of the business requires a fast pace support structure capable of quickly identifying root cause of issues and working with the appropriate teams to implement a permanent fix. If you are interested in a challenging position with a great company, the Support Engineering position might be for you.
As a Support Engineer on the Sort Tech team your primary responsibilities will be:
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix issues submitted by our internal Customers or reported by our monitoring systems. This will include working with development teams resolve issues to root cause and work on permanent resolutions.
• Identify and report trends impacting operations or creating unnecessary workload to include providing recommendation and developing solutions to those reoccurring issues/trends.
• Develop standard operating procedures and self-help documentation to enable our Customers to resolve their issues quickly.
• Gain a strong understanding of our Software Suite and its infrastructure in order to effectively triage and resolve issues as well as maintain the infrastructure.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience with object-oriented programming language (C++ Python, Java or similar language)
• Three year Systems Administration or Development in Linux/Unix environment
• Distributed system support experience
• Experience in database architecture and perform SQL queries
• Deep understanding of system architecture and experience with large, complex distributed systems
• Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team and technical clients
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Customer obsessed with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
• Experience with business analytics tools (ie Tableau)
• Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top