- Austin, TX
Amazon.com is seeking an outstanding Support Engineer to join Amazon.com's Business Intelligence team. The Amazon.com Business Intelligence team delivers business intelligence to over 1000 internal customers, and a diverse community of external customers, from one of the world's largest and most complex data sets. Amazon.com has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. If you join the Amazon.com Business Intelligence team your work will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at Amazon.com and drive the adoption of new Business Intelligence technologies.
Amazon.com Business Intelligence is a fast paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. As a Support Engineer working on the analytics platform, you will be implementing and supporting the analytic technologies that give our customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data. You will be challenged with a variety of task like SQL Code, data pipeline design and implementation. You will interact with customers to gather requirements and structure solutions.Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and gaining a deep-dive understanding of services and key datasets.Tuning application and query performance against large, complex data structures.
eCommerce Platform Services
• A technical background (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience)
• Ability to write complex SQL queries is added advantage
• Strong Unix base O/S experience or proven ability to pick up Linux quickly
• Ability to do scripting (any one of Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python etc.)
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with programming languages Java or C++ or C
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Strong understanding of support - tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics
• A passion towards problem-solving
• Must be able to think proactively; excellent follow-through and attention to details.
• Willing to work in 24x7 on-call support (on rotation basis)
- Java, pearl, Shell scripting
- Knowledge on Data warehousing, SQL and Big Data Technologies Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive is plus.
Back to top