Kindle has changed the way books are published, sold, and read across the globe. Independent authors are now able to publish and sell direct to readers through Kindle and print-on-demand offerings, enabling them to reach audiences never before available. Kindle readers are able to download any book in any language in sixty seconds. Come be a part of changing the way the world reads.
The Kindle Ingestion Management Services team is responsible for managing and orchestrating the pipelines for ebook conversion from publisher and author uploaded source content in any format to the device compatible format which gives a rich reading experience for the reader. The team ensures to constantly enhance the systems and pipelines to improve the speed and reliability of book conversion.
Support engineers on the Kindle Ingestion Management Services team are responsible for maintaining, and supporting the systems for ebook pipelines from previewing it online to publishing it on the store for all the languages supported on Kindle. You will closely work with stakeholders, customer service agents and program managers. To support this landscape of technology, tools, customers, devices and geographies we are looking for a passionate, customer focused & results-oriented Support Engineer. You will have an enormous opportunity to work with multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues and driving them towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. The role encompasses working with support engineering team that provides production support for multiple products and platforms, engineering development support, code improvements and scripts to resolve operational burden of Support Engineers and Developers.
Some of the key job functions:
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems, pipelines and services.
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks.
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl or shell scripts, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects.
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and support status reporting.
- Provide product and business metrics support to stakeholders.
- Ownership of one or more systems or components
- Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• 1+ years of professional software development experience
• Excellent programming skills in object-oriented languages including C, C++, C#, or Java
• Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Data Structures and Algorithms.
• Preferred Qualifications: -
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• Ability to effectively capture, store, analyze & present metrics data.
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence by using automation and process improvements.
• Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicates effectively with a wide array of individuals and gets the right things done.
• Prior experience with UNIX system administration is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.