Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS' Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
Amazon Web Services' Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement team is looking for experienced professionals to help build the world's premier cloud computing platform. We are looking for a candidate with engineering and manufacturing experience capable of operating in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Our Networking Product Development team works closely with our engineering and deployment teams, suppliers and data center operations to launch new products and manage transitions. They are also responsible for integrating across supply chain commodity managers to maintain continuity of supply while minimizing risk for excess and obsolete materials.
• Executes strategic plans that improve service, productivity and quality, and that align to the overall organization vision.
• Develop and implement systems of accountability to ensure ongoing, measurable performance improvement.
• Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of the supply chain activities.
• Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to senior management, focused on new product launches or transitions.
• Drive strategic BOM reviews and qualifications with internal teams.
• Bachelor's or an advanced degree in supply chain, business, engineering, finance or related technical or quantitative field
• 5+ years of supply chain experience or cloud computing/technology
• 6+ years of work experience in program, project, or product management, or leading an implementation of a product, or 4+ with advanced degree
• 3+ years of experience with data analysis tools such as Excel, Pivot Tables, SQL, Tableau, etc..
• MBA or advanced degree in engineering or other quantitative disciplines
• Experience in manufacturing or quality
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Program management with integrated scheduling and milestone tracking
• Ability to influence cross functionally across engineering, deployment, procurement and external partners
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.