Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS' Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced professional who loves technology, is hungry for driving change and looking to make a Global impact. Come armed with your knowledge for a position where you will own, build, and run technology sourcing and operations and engage with multiple teams to drive plans and execution to satisfy the demanding needs of a high growth industry impacting markets worldwide. This is a great opportunity for someone who obsesses over customers, thinks long-term and get things done.
Our AWS procurement team is looking for a results-oriented individual to assume responsibility for launching new Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) products, geography expansions and contract manufacturing. Our Supply Chain Product Managers are responsible for developing Sourcing Strategies and clear action plans to support the launch of new products and sustainment of existing products as we meet and exceed customer demand. In this role you will lead internal and supplier engagements across Supply Chain, Engineering and Business organizations while diving deep into the technologies and operations both from a product and Supply Chain perspective. You will analyze trends involving the industry players vendors, customers, and technology to develop strategies to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities, allowing AWS to meet and exceed its goals.
• Lead supply chain new PCBA introduction efforts within specific goals for product launches, supply chain design, schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time goals.
• Create and own the supply chain PCBA roadmap planning processes for Amazon's Infrastructure, Supply Chain and Procurement (ISCaP) team.
• Engage with design and manufacturing partners and internal teams to create, implement and maintain product/configuration management processes
• Matrix manage team members from across all functions to develop new product plans and sustaining processes. Typical functions to interact with include Planning, GSM, Technical PM, SQE, Supply Chain, DFX, Finance, etc.
• Represent ISCaP with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for design for supply chain.
• Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives. Synthesize a multitude of issues into a clear, concise and focused message. Present with confidence and brevity.
• Drive improved visibility around transition planning events, especially as they relate to End of Marketing (EOM), End of Sales (EOS) and End of Production (EOP).
• Extensive knowledge of supply chain, PCBA manufacturing, product lifecycle management, roadmap planning, and product requirement decision making.
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability take ownership and influence others.
• Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions.
• Exceptional communication skills which includes clear written and verbal communication as well as the ability to listen effectively.
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
• Demonstrable capability to negotiate requirements and decisions effectively across a diverse range of teams and to lead through influence.
• Proven ability to execute in all phases of the product development life cycle, resulting in high-quality hardware products, delivered on time.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, seeking out areas that need attention, rather than being asked to look at specific problem areas.
• Bachelor's or an advanced degree in supply chain, business, engineering, finance or related technical or quantitative field
• 5+ years of PCBA supply chain/manufacturing experience
• 6+ years of work experience in program, project, or product management, or leading an implementation of a product, or 4+ with advanced degree
• 3+ years of experience with data analysis tools such as Excel, Pivot Tables, SQL, Tableau, etc.
• 10+ years professional experience in the field of PCBAs
• 10+ years of experience overseeing global project management teams
• MBA or advanced degree in engineering, operations research, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
• Strong program management skill set with the ability to lead cross functional teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us