Supply Chain Manager, Operational Logistics
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
To help solve this problem, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity. We are seeking an Operational Logistics Leader, with a strong delivery record of owning and executing strategic, cross-functional operations, and technology projects. Robust understanding of fulfillment operations including logistics, receiving, constrained FC assets (capacity and labor), critical products used for testing purposes, and program management. This role will play a critical role optimizing world class under-the-roof processes to benchmark best in class warehouse (customer site-specific) management. It requires a high-level of ownership over the end-to-end process, the ability to think outside of the box willingness to disrupt the current processes to create a new process, and the ability align stakeholders to sustainable solutions.
Primary duties of this role will include:
• Develop logistics strategy and be responsible for the implementation of site logistics strategies to develop optimal solutions for product deployment. Knowledge of hardware, safety supplies, laboratory consumables, diagnostics and packaging required. We need a "solution in a box" approach.
• Responsible for creating a kitting/assembly methodology, to ensure we reduce our dependency on 3rd party processes.
• Safeguard execution of field operations by establishing and monitoring procedures and protocols, as it relates to receiving, material handling, and operational setup.
• Resolve, in collaboration with multiple organizations, issues pertaining to delays in project execution, and seek ways to resolve appropriately.
• Will lead special projects for supply chain, as they relate to operational efficiencies and on-time product launch.
Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams, and have extensive knowledge of supply chain practices.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Operations, Supply Chain, Science, or Quality Engineering
• 5+ years' of experience working with material logistics and warehouse processes in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices or Life Sciences industry
• Proven Continuous Improvement or Lean methodologies experience
• MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Industrial Engineering
• Experience leading new or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated.