Supply Chain Operations Manager
Amazon is looking for a smart, analytically minded person to join the Amazon Web Services Infrastructure Supply Chain team with responsibility for innovating and executing exciting new growth opportunities for our end-to-end global supply chains.
In this highly visible and critical role, the candidate will be tasked to strategically bridge the AWS Supply Chain team with the AWS Product teams by providing technical guidance and professional advice on supply chain design and execution. They will need to develop a high-level vision for future and have the analytical depth and acumen to translate that vision into an executable plan. This person will work extensively with AWS infrastructure teams, product management teams, technical teams, finance and customers to help grow the business.
- Candidate must have to ability to clearly communicate and explain end-to-end supply chains (inputs, outputs, rationale, gaps) and recommendations to senior management.
- Serve as a key member of the team in helping to define and deliver global end-to-end supply chains.
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of supply chain and procurement activities.
- Develop operations scorecards and manage end to end delivery and fulfillment of hardware products.
- Execute strategic business objectives while working with key internal stakeholders to improve the supply chain with the latest internal and external information.
- Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to the senior management team, focused on measuring the impact and performance to create revolutionary supply chains.
- Keys to success in this role include exceptional analytics, judgment, nd communication skills. The candidate needs to be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Math, Business or other related quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years of years of relevant work experience in supply chain, procurement, planning, manufacturing, finance or related field
- Experience creating, iterating, and improving end-to-end global supply chains
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- Advanced knowledge of global supply chains
- 5-10 years professional experience (in high technology or consumer electronics)
- MBA or advanced degree in engineering, operations research, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines
- Experience with supply chain modeling and other statistical analysis tools
- Advanced knowledge of data center products and their global supply chains
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top