Global Specialty Fulfillment team at Amazon is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Supply Chain. This role is a highly visible and critical role and involves regular communication with operation teams, senior management, tech teams, and project sponsors on status, risks and change control. The role requires ownership of sales and operations planning, inventory management and driving process improvements across the program. The supply chain manager will focus on deep diving forecasting performance to build robust output, by keeping plans, feedback and goals aligned between all stakeholders.
• Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Partners with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or equivalent education/experience
• 2+ years of experience conducting quantitative analysis.
• Experience with SQL
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Executive level written and oral communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.