The Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Supply Chain team is responsible for building the next generation supply chain for Amazon's world-class ultra-fast customer experiences, including Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Go, Whole Foods, Treasure Truck, Amazon Business, and other soon-to-launch exciting new businesses. Online grocery and ultra-fast delivery is growing at an exponential rate and with planned expansion and marketing initiatives, we expect volume to grow several orders of magnitude this year and in the future. Come be a part of a 100+ Fulfillment Center and Distribution Center network across North America, Europe and APAC serving highly engaged customers in as fast as 60 minutes! This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in groundbreaking initiatives to solve challenging and interesting problems as we build the first ever distribution network and supply chain capabilities tailored to grocery and ultra-fast customer offerings.
The Global Specialty Fulfillment team at Amazon is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a strong delivery record and operational expertise to own and manage cross-functional supply chain and business initiatives. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will use analytical, program management, and operations management skills to develop plans for partner teams to execute. As a member of this team, you will be a thought leader and will work cross functionally to design and execute the Amazon Distribution Center supply chain processes. You will be responsible for driving higher availability and lower fulfillment cost for the businesses that GSF supports. The role includes day-to-day tactical execution and driving long-term initiatives.
• Working with retail, operations, and internal supply chain partner teams to ensure products are sourced and distributed to downstream customers at the right time with the right quantity, quality, and cost.
• Forming cross-functional project teams, planning, organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders.
• Identifying the tools and processes to enable our team to scale the DC network, and working with partner teams to build and implement these solutions.
• Defining, measuring, and improving key performance metrics in the DC supply chain to ultimately improve product availability and reduce fulfillment cost.
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or equivalent education/experience
• 2+ years of experience conducting quantitative analysis.
• Experience with SQL
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Executive level written and oral communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us(Opens in a new tab)