Supply Chain Manager - Global Speciality Fulfilment (Groceries)
- Burlington, KY
The Global Specialty Fulfillment team at Amazon is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a strong delivery record and senior leadership experience to own and manage strategic, cross-functional operations and business initiatives.
As a Supply Chain manager, you will use analytical, technical, program management, and operations management skills to develop plans for partner teams to execute. As a member of this team, you will be a thought leader and will work cross functionally to design the Amazon fulfillment network of the future. You will help craft new fulfillment concepts to integrate into our network to improve the overall customer experience and reduce the total cost of fulfillment. The role includes writing documents that present a clear view on Supply Chain Strategy, developing tech requirements to enhance our planning efforts and ensuring our fulfillment network is robust to address future challenges and growth.
• Working with Retail, Finance and Operations partners towards defining supply chain and operating models for new businesses.
• Forming cross-functional project teams, planning, organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders
• Building complex models to analyze future topology and communicating the vision to partner teams.
• Writing strategy documents that clearly communicate supply chain vision to senior leadership.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to lead teams and work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university
• 3+ years' experience conducting quantitative analysis.
• Proven experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Proven experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required, including use of lookups and pivot tables.
• Entrepreneurial mindset capable of attacking interesting business problems head on.
• Strong oral and written communicator - able to bridge the gap across diverse audiences with disparate subject matter knowledge.
• MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering or related field
• Strong data analysis and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability leading projects with multiple stakeholders.
• 2+ years' experience working in Supply Chain operations.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
• Strong SQL skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top