Supply Chain Manager - AWS Infrastructure
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly effective candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative technology to deliver the best operating, lowest cost infrastructure in the world.
This individual will lead the sourcing of memory technologies and products to better meet our customers rapidly growing infrastructure needs. Successful candidates will bring strong knowledge of Semiconductor supply chains and proven ability to drive product roadmaps from concept through mass production.
AWS serves over a million active customers in more than 190 countries. We are steadily expanding global infrastructure to help our customers achieve lower latency and higher throughput. As our customers grow their businesses, AWS will continue to provide infrastructure that meets their global requirements.
Professional traits that are necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Think big
- Candidate must have to ability to clearly communicate and explain complex demand/supply forecasts (inputs, outputs, rationale, and gaps) and recommendations to senior management.
- Works with Commodity suppliers to assure capacity and continuity of supply for specific commodities.
- Serve as a key member of the supply chain commodity team in helping to define and deliver complex component strategies.
- Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to senior management, focused on continuity of supply of market based commodities and associated impacts.
- Performs long-range capacity analysis for their commodity and identify industry constrained components.
- Conduct Risk Analysis of OEMs and Key Components, and escalate when required.
- Perform RTS Readiness Review, post-Morten analysis, and process updates.
- Identify industry constrained components for their commodity area of responsibility.
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of procurement activities.
- Works closely with Hardware Component suppliers design & development, sustaining, and test engineering groups to ensure product availability.
Keys to success in this role include exceptional analytic, judgment, and communication skills. The candidate needs to be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions.
- 5+ years of experience in supplier management, technical marketing, strategic sourcing, or engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- Advanced knowledge of global supply chains
- Experience with supply chain modeling and other statistical analysis tools
- Knowledge and market expertise in semiconductors
- Business development and product management experience
- Management technical team experience
- Advanced Engineering degree and/or MBA
- Experience in Technology Sourcing
- Ability to communicate clearly and drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong and talented team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top