Supply Chain Business Analyst Manager
- Santa Monica, CA
The Business Intelligence Manager will manage a team of Business Analysts. It will be your responsibility, along with the PMO Manager and the Technical Product Manager to assign individual BA's to specific projects or tasks. Alongside the management duties, you will also perform a certain amount of Business Intelligence analysis tasks in line with that of the BI consultant.
As a Business Intelligence Manager you will have excellent skills in extracting, interpreting and presenting data and insights to support our various supply chain initiatives as well as proactively identifying improvement opportunities. You will lead the data analysis activities across our supply chain organization to bring together stakeholder needs and technical capabilities in order to define solutions that deliver value, often working across large complex projects or a number of projects.
You must be a highly accomplished analytical tactician skilled in data profiling, conceptual data modelling and requirements gathering, with demonstrated success at guiding major BI projects and programs across multiple company functional areas.
In addition, you will build and manage relationships with internal as well as external senior stakeholders. You will need to be driven and possess strong stakeholder management, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as proven project management skills and experience. You will also need outstanding communication interpersonal and presentation skills, be highly organized with excellent attention to detail and be used to prioritizing tasks in line with project deadline requirements..
• Line management of the Business Analysis team.• Oversee the current business intelligence operation on a day-to-day basis, ensuring timely delivery of reports, analytics, and data insights to all functional areas of the Supply Chain OpsTech IT
• To work closely with our Technical Program Managers supporting the production of project deliverables.
• Support the various supply chain teams with data requirements, data gathering and reporting. This will also include presenting findings back to the team with areas of improvement and suggestions.
• Working with our customers and stakeholders to help define and articulate their needs
• Use data insights to help develop objectives for the team throughout the year as well as to guide our overall direction.
• To capture business requirements, and to provide documented record of the requirements; this to also include the new business process flows written in business terminology.
• Communicate effectively and have a good working relationship with all stakeholders and business users involved within the project. This to ensure the understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria is aligned.
• To facilitate or lead the creation of business cases/ROI by utilizing information from various data sources to ensure that the proposed solutions will fulfil business requirements.
• Lead various supply chain optimization initiatives involving advanced data analytics and simulations.
• Lead workshops, interviews, focus groups and use other techniques to effectively understand business problems/opportunities and user needs within large complex projects.
• Translate the business problem and user needs into a set of detailed requirements/needs for the solution that align to best practice methodology, with the appropriate use of epics, features, user stories and defined acceptance criteria.
• Establish close collaboration with the Technical Product Management, Application Support, Technical Program Management and PMO teams
• Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with other members of the Supply Chain OpsTech IT Team
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, management, supply chain, finance or equivalent experience. Additional leadership or management certifications are a plus.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in supply chain, program management, planning, manufacturing, financial or related fields.
• Must be highly proficient in the use of various BI-tools such as Tableau, MS Excel and process flowchart tools such as MS Visio.
• Experience with Supply Chain Operations Reference Model (SCOR).
• Experience of supply chain optimization tools such as Llamasoft or equivalent.
• Experience in SQL and various ETL tools and methods.
• Must have good initiative, drive, enthusiasm and a proactive approach to support the company and guide them in the right direction.
• Sound knowledge of Project Management disciplines and controls as well as Business Process Modelling techniques. PRINCE2, PMP or Agile certified + Six Sigma certification.
• Must be able to work well independently but also as part of a larger team
• You will be a highly analytical Business Analyst who has successfully managed and resolved complex business challenges and opportunities having a strong stakeholder management experience.
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must have a very high level of presenting skills, with the ability to facilitate discussions with the entire company
• You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues simply whilst also being able to identify viable opportunities aligned with our business strategy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and high attention to detail, highly organized.
• Ability to manage and engage with a wide range of stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top