Supplier Quality Manager - Softline
- Bengaluru, India
The Amazon Global Sourcing team is looking for driven individuals to help execute Amazon's Supplier Quality Management program. The Supplier Quality Manager will be responsible for providing product quality support for private brand products to ensure successful adherence with customer satisfaction and worldwide product safety and compliance requirements. The Supplier Quality Manager role requires someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. The talented individual will be responsible for managing and coaching strategic suppliers to improve quality management systems, manufacturing processes and customer satisfaction. Drive scalable business solutions and develop best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement across different business models. Communicate technical, quality, and process requirements to all stakeholders. Design and operate saleable training programs via webinars or onsite for both internal and external stakeholder; improve self-service tools and systems to reduce manual operations. Manage 3rd party service providers to perform factory audits, pre-shipment inspections and process inspections. Provide data management and analysis support for SQM team.
The role also requires interacting with global business teams, supply chains, and WW Product Safety & Compliance to balance current and future business needs. The ability to work in a demanding but collegial, team oriented environment is a must, and management experience is required. This role may include international travel.
1. Self-motivated and results driven.
2. Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
3. Knowledge of MS Office is a must and knowledge of PLM systems is a plus.
4. Attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
5. Experience in managing external third parties.
6. Understanding of the manufacturing and the quality assurance processes.
7. Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
8. Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
9. Ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel.
10. Fluent in English; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. Bachelor's degree (Fashion Technology, MBA or Advanced Engineering degree preferred).
2. Technical background in Apparel Industry.
3. Process oriented, with high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
4. Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
Back to top