Supplier Quality Engineer
- Shenzhen, China
Supplier Quality Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
WiFi is the new electricity. Outside the smartphone, it's the technology we depend on the most. The foundation for the modern home. The basement of Maslow's pyramid. It makes our favorite experiences -- Netflix, Spotify, FaceTime -- come to life.
What will you help us create?
The SQE is responsible for NPI and Sustaining Quality at suppliers for parts, components and sub-assemblies throughout their lifecycles. The ideal candidate owns managing several high priority activities including production yield reviews, lead and facilitate resolutions for issues at IQC, IPQC, OBA, OQC, ORT and customer complaints, conduct regular line audits, develop and facilitate DOEs, coordinate and manage cosmetic limit samples selections, develop presentations and reports, interact and provide direction to suppliers, as well as work closely with PQEs and CMs to analyze and resolve issues between manufacturing partners and suppliers. In addition, the position will own facilitating and executing the part/component validation, performance and reliability test executions, and ensure process effectiveness and compliance between the suppliers, contract manufacturers and eero operations.
What you'll do:
• Be the primary quality representative for supplier quality activities
• Perform First Article Inspections (FAI) to make sure samples comply with drawings and specifications prior to production start or after any changes
• Own implementation, validation and continuous monitoring of supplier's IQC, IPQC and OQC to ensure proper SOPs, SIPs, operator/inspector training, equipment and documentation are implemented and followed
• Determine strategies for continuous improvement in supplier quality and supply chain metrics.
• Manage supplier's corrective actions system (investigation, documentation and implementation of corrective action and the verification of their effectiveness)
• Conduct supplier audits and respond to findings by proposing and implementing necessary CAPA
• Coordinate and manage cosmetic limit sample selections and allocations for all involved parties
• Contribute to final product release activities in accordance with established procedures, production schedules and gate exit requirements
• Develop and prepare documentation, post reports, drive quality metrics and communication
• Drive respective teams responsible for issues until a decision or solution is reached
• Track issue and task progresses in JIRA and understand BOM components, layout and drawings with a PLM system (i.e. Arena, Agile, etc.)
• BS/MS degree in Quality/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years of experience in plastic injection molding, packaging, metal extrusion & machining, AC power supplies
• 3+ years of experience in all levels of quality management and lean manufacturing in mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic supplier manufacturing industries
• Experience in managing outsourced manufacturing suppliers
• Good communication skills and interactions with suppliers and customers, both written and verbal
• Excellent computer skills (including, but not limited to: Windows/Mac, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Internet Search Skills)
• Proactive self-starter mentality with a willingness to learn and grow attitude
• Effective presentation and project management skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis skills
• Ability & willingness to travel as required for up to 25%
Back to top