Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About RBS & Team
The RBS group in an integral part of the Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team's goal is to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product quality and information. Within RBS, 4star is a Voice of the Customer product, with a vision to provide timely, actionable insights into product defects that empower over millions of Amazon Sellers and vendors in 15 countries to sell high quality products that meet or exceed the 4 star product rating. To succeed with this vision, we are developing a tech product with features to identify, visualize trends, escalate, and measure fix impact of product defects to drive improvement in star rating.
About the Role
As a Subject Matter Expert, you will be responsible for working closely with the Product Manager and running pilots to expand 4star to new market segments. The role requires you to work closely with senior leadership and other internal/external stakeholders, helping them make data-driven decisions, size up problems through data analysis, match them against current solutions, convert open problem statements into feature requirements & support the PM to build BRDs. Stakeholders will include Amazon Selling Partners, and internal business, automation & technology teams. The successful candidate should have the ability to work at all levels with an eye for detail to ensure quality and pace of pilots, actively seek to understand Amazon's core values and translates those into everyday practices.
A successful candidate will be an exceptional strategic thinker and will have exposure to customer experience improvement. Key skills for the role include an ability to deal with ambiguity, network effectively and influence partner teams without authority, overcome unforeseen obstacles, and a passion to develop a deep understanding of the tech product.
• Build deep knowledge of 4star offerings, and business requirements and develop trust-based relationships with pilot's key stakeholders.
• Dive deep and understand the needs of a customer segment, and their relevant upstream systems & processes
• Drive pilots to expand existing solutions and identify needs that are not solved
• Use data analysis to identify gaps, prioritize them for technology and automation teams, recommend solutions and drive consensus on strategic inter-functional business decisions
• Anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, manage escalations, balance trade-offs, and resolve complex execution and operational issues.
• Own the communication and progress updates on multiple projects, assess performance against goals and realign internal/external stakeholders on project deliverables
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Operations, Business, Project Management, Engineering
• 3 to 5 years' experience in project management, with proven success record
• Understand basic and systematic approaches to manage projects/programs
• Structured problem-solving approach using Lean Six Sigma techniques to identify & fix defects
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Understanding of customer experience, listening to customers' voice and work backwards to improve business process and operations
• Master's degree or higher in Operations, Business, Project Management, Engineering
• Exposure to designing and building tech products